Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Serving New Port Richey, Florida
“Amazing team of attorneys and always giving back to the community! Love the Kemp, Ruge and Green team!”
Truck Accident Attorneys Representing Injury Victims in new Port Richey, Florida
Nobody who lives in New Port Richey or visits the area to enjoy its beaches or retail establishments expects to get seriously injured in a truck accident. However, it is important to know that truck crashes can happen anywhere. Semi-trucks deliver goods to stores and restaurants in the New Port Richey area, and they are involved much too often in collisions on US 19 and even on local roads. Since 18-wheelers are so much larger and heavier than passenger vehicles, occupants of cars and SUVs frequently suffer devastating injuries in truck crashes.
If you or someone you love got hurt in a trucking collision, you should speak with a New Port Richey truck accident lawyer today.
Getting the Facts About New Port Richey Trucking Collisions
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) provides facts and figures that help to demonstrate the seriousness of large truck collisions:
- Nearly 4,900 people died in truck crashes in 2017, and more than 4,100 died in trucking collisions in 2018;
- Majority of people killed in truck accidents are smaller vehicle occupants;
- More than 100,000 injury accidents involving large trucks happen every year; and
- Large trucks are involved in more than 350,000 collisions involving property damage on an annual basis.
Truck accidents have many different causes, and a variety of parties may be liable in a truck crash case. Given that each trucking collision has its own particular facts, you should always have an experienced lawyer assess the merits of your case and help you to understand your options for taking your case forward.
If someone’s negligence on the road causes you to be injured in a traffic accident, contact a personal injury attorney in the New Port Richey area as quickly as possible. You can pursue possible compensation for injuries, pain and suffering, loss of wages and more. This is where Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group, one of the most experienced and most successful personal injury firms in New Port Richey and the entire Tampa Bay region, can help.
Depending upon the facts of the case, it may be possible to seek punitive damages. Under Florida law, punitive damages are only awarded when a plaintiff can prove that a defendant engaged in intentional misconduct or was grossly negligent.
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney in New Port Richey
If a negligent truck driver or a trucking company is responsible for your serious injuries, it is extremely important to begin working with one of our New Port Richey truck accident attorneys on your claim. When insurance coverage is insufficient to compensate you for your losses, you could be eligible to file a truck accident lawsuit. While many individual motorists in car accident cases do not often have substantial assets from which they can pay a large damages award in a car accident lawsuit, the same is not true of truck collisions. In many truck accident cases, truck owners or trucking companies can be held liable, and they tend to have deep pockets from which to provide injury victims with compensation.
Call us at 1-877-941-4878 or submit a contact form for a free consultation.
Why Should I Hire Kemp, Ruge & Green?
It is very easy to describe what Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group does. Our mission statement says it all. We strive to “relentlessly pursue protecting our clients and improving our community through respect, communication and service.” Put more simply, we help people.
Everything we do is with that singular purpose in mind. If a client has been injured by someone else, we will do everything we can to make sure they get the best possible medical care at little or no expense to them. If a client is going through a divorce, we will vigorously work to help them get everything they need to put the pieces of their life back together and to make sure their rights are protected.
Our firm is unique; we are committed to our community and our clients with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, we were featured in Positively Tampa for our efforts.
Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national group that provides a network for information exchange, local assistance and case referrals to top trial lawyers in America who have won large, complex cases. Fewer than 1% of attorneys nationwide earn this high distinction. We always provide legal representation in your best interests, maintaining open communication lines, and keeping you updated about your case every step of the way.
Regardless of where you live in the Tampa Bay region, including Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando Counties, we look forward to helping you make the best of your situation. Many of our attorneys have been acclaimed as among the 1% of all attorneys in the country, and they’re right here in our area, ready to help you.
Commonly Asked Questions About New Port Richey Truck Accidents
- What is the timeline for a truck accident claim in New Port Richey?
- The answer to this question depends upon whether you are filing a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death claim, which will explain just below. In general, Florida law gives injured plaintiffs four years from the date of a truck accident to file an injury claim and two years from the date of a person’s death to file a wrongful death claim for fatal injuries.
- Is there a difference between filing a lawsuit for my own serious injuries and a family member’s fatal injuries in a trucking collision?
- Yes, there is a difference. If you want to file a truck accident lawsuit for your own serious injuries, then you will file a personal injury lawsuit. As we mentioned above, the statute of limitations for a personal injury lawsuit filed by the plaintiff is usually four years from the date of the accident. If a loved one sustains fatal injuries in a truck crash, which does happen with some frequency, then you will need to learn more about filing a wrongful death lawsuit under Florida’s wrongful death law.
- Who is at fault in a truck crash?
- Many different parties may be at fault for a truck crash—it all depends upon the specific facts of your case. It is important to have a truck accident lawyer in New Port Richey assess your case and help you to determine who you may be able to file a lawsuit against or to name as a defendant in your case. Generally speaking, at-fault parties could include: truck driver, truck owner, trucking company, truck loaders, employers of the truck loaders, mechanic, designer of one of the truck parts, or manufacturer of one of the truck parts.
Living in New Port Richey
New Port Richey is a small, densely-populated suburb of Tampa with a fast rate of growth in new businesses and housing complexes. It’s a part of Pasco County and has a recently-revitalized downtown zone with a small but diverse mix of restaurants, entertainment options, and locally-owned businesses. New Port Richey benefited from a face-lift during a city-wide effort to improve parks, landscaping, and other public spaces.
In the past 20 years, New Port Richey has struggled with a high crime rate that exceeds both the Florida average and the national average for all types of crimes. Pasco County and nearby Port Richey made national news for their struggles with the opioid epidemic and new first-of-a-kind initiatives to address it.
Housing costs are low here, which attracts many young families and retirees on fixed incomes. The average citizen of New Port Richey has a home value of about $68,000 and pays about $780 in rent, both of which are significantly lower than the national average and make it easy to find affordable housing in the area.
New Port Richey Local Services & Emergency Contact Information
In an emergency, always call 911.
After a motor vehicle crash:
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Pasco County Sheriff’s Office Emergency Dial 911; Non Emergency (727) 847-5878
- New Port Richey Car Accident Lawyer – (877) 941-4878
- New Port Richey Fire Emergency – Dial 911
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Pasco County Sheriff’s Office Emergency Dial 911
- Pasco County Sheriff’s Office Nonemergency (727) 847-5878
September 27, 2023Understanding the Lake County Accident on the Florida Tu...
September 20, 2023What to Do if You Hit an Illegally Parked Car in Florida...
September 20, 2023Dog Bite Laws in Florida...
September 20, 2023Accidents In The Parking Lot: What To Do If It Happens T...
About Your Case
We're ready to fight on your behalf. Request a free, no-risk consultation with our attorney's today.