Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Serving Lutz, Florida
“The entire staff was very professional. They helped make a very difficult time for me much easier to deal with. The process couldn’t have gone any smoother. I would recommend it to anyone in need. Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group will have your best interest at heart every step of the way.”
-Sophiah Duhart, client review
FL Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Representing Injured Clients in & Around Lutz
Nobody should have to sustain injuries in a motorcycle accident because of another person’s carelessness or recklessness. Yet motorcycle collisions occur with some frequency in Florida, and they often result from another driver’s negligence. If you recently got hurt in a motorcycle wreck, an experienced Lutz motorcycle injury lawyer can discuss your case with you.
Common Causes of Lutz Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycle crashes can happen for many different reasons, from poor road conditions to driver error. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) cites some of the following as frequent causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Motorist fails to see a motorcycle rider in his or her blind spot and changes lanes into that motorcyclist
- Motorist misjudges a motorcyclist’s distance at an intersection and makes a turn
- Dooring accident, or when a car driver opens his or her door into an oncoming motorcyclist
- Alcohol-impaired collisions
- Distracted driving
- Inclement weather
- Poor road conditions, including slippery roadways or uneven roads
Possible Injuries in a Lutz Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents can happen almost anywhere in the Lutz area, from high-speed collisions on US-41 or I-275 to crashes that occur on local neighborhood roads or in retail parking lots. Since motorcyclists do not have the protection of an automobile when a wreck occurs, even a low-speed collision can lead to devastating and permanently disabling injuries. The following are examples of the types of injuries that a person can sustain in a motorcycle accident:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Broken bones or fractures
- Severe scrapes and road rash
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Facial lacerations and other injuries
- Limb amputations
Comparative Fault and the Failure to Wear a Helmet in Lutz
In some motorcycle accident cases, the at-fault party will raise the issue of comparative negligence or comparative fault in order to suggest that the injured party is also responsible for his or her injuries. Florida uses a “pure” comparative fault system. What does this mean? Under Florida’s comparative fault law, an injured plaintiff can still recover damages regardless of whether that plaintiff is anywhere from 1 percent at fault to 99 percent at fault. However, the plaintiff’s total recovery will be reduced by his or her portion of fault. For example, if a plaintiff is awarded $1 million in damages after filing a motorcycle accident claim but the court determines that the plaintiff is 20 percent at fault, that $1 million award will be reduced by 20 percent (or $200,000), and the plaintiff will recover $800,000.
One of the most common reasons that an at-fault party will raise the issue of comparative fault in a motorcycle accident case is the plaintiff’s failure to wear a helmet. If you sustained a traumatic brain injury or another type of head trauma and you were not wearing a helmet, the defendant may be able to prove that you are partially responsible for the severity of your injury. To be clear, even though Florida law does not require most adult motorcyclists to wear a helmet, failing to wear head protection can result in a reduction of your damages award.
Contact a Lutz Motorcycle Injury Attorney
If you or a close family member recently sustained serious injuries in a motorcycle crash in or around Lutz, it is important to discuss your options for seeking compensation with an experienced Lutz motorcycle injury attorney. One of the dedicated personal injury attorneys at Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group can speak with you about your situation and what steps you may be able to take to seek financial compensation for your losses.
Call us at 1-877-941-4878 or submit a contact form for a free consultation.
Why Should I Hire Kemp, Ruge & Green?
It is very easy to describe what Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group does. Our mission statement says it all. We strive to “relentlessly pursue protecting our clients and improving our community through respect, communication and service.” Put more simply, we help people.
Everything we do is with that singular purpose in mind. If a client has been injured by someone else, we will do everything we can to make sure they get the best possible medical care at little or no expense to them. If a client is going through a divorce, we will vigorously work to help them get everything they need to put the pieces of their life back together and to make sure their rights are protected.
Our firm is unique; we are committed to our community and our clients with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, we were featured in Positively Tampa for our efforts.
Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national group that provides a network for information exchange, local assistance and case referrals to top trial lawyers in America who have won large, complex cases. Fewer than 1% of attorneys nationwide earn this high distinction. We always provide legal representation in your best interests, maintaining open communication lines, and keeping you updated about your case every step of the way.
Regardless of where you live in the Tampa Bay region, including Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando Counties, we look forward to helping you make the best of your situation. Many of our attorneys have been acclaimed as among the 1% of all attorneys in the country, and they’re right here in our area, ready to help you.
Common Questions About Motorcycle Accidents in Lutz, FL
- What Is a Permanent Injury?
- A permanent injury does not necessarily have to be a disabling injury. What it means is that you have an injury that will permanently affect you for the rest of your life. It can be a herniation in the neck or lower back. It can be paralysis. It can be traumatic brain injuries; there are many different examples of permanent brain injuries.
- What is Bodily Injury Liability Insurance Coverage?
- Bodily injury liability coverage is optional coverage in Florida. When you opt to purchase bodily injury liability coverage you are protecting yourself in case you or someone else is driving your vehicle and you permanently injure another person and you are at-fault for the accident.
- What is Comprehensive Insurance Coverage?
- Comprehensive coverage is coverage under your auto insurance policy which covers damage to your vehicle that are not related to car accidents. Examples of that kind of coverage would be fire, theft, windstorms and even vandalism.
Lutz is nestled in suburban Tampa and is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in Florida. It’s full of young families, new homeowners and high-income professionals who enjoy working in downtown Tampa, then getting out to the suburbs of Hillsborough County when the workday is done.
This area has a lush, park-like feel with plenty of trees and green spaces. Although Lutz offers an old-fashioned small-town feeling, it also has big-city ethnic and economic diversity. It has a good public school system and also a cluster of private schools.
In the past couple of decades, Lutz has attracted droves of people looking to move 15 miles north of Tampa to the Hillsborough suburbs or south Pasco County. It’s considered one of the most family-friendly cities in the Tampa Bay region with high home values and fairly low crime.
Lutz Local Services & Emergency Contact Information
In an emergency, always call 911.
After a motor vehicle crash:
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office Emergency Dial 911; Non Emergency (813) 247-0600
- Lutz Car Accident Lawyer – (877) 941-4878
- Lutz Fire Department Emergency – Dial 911
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office – Emergency Dial 911
- Hillsborough Sheriff Non Emergency – (813) 247-0600
September 28, 2023Why You Should Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Tampa, Fl...
September 27, 2023Understanding the Lake County Accident on the Florida Tu...
September 20, 2023What to Do if You Hit an Illegally Parked Car in Florida...
September 20, 2023Dog Bite Laws in Florida...
About Your Case
We're ready to fight on your behalf. Request a free, no-risk consultation with our attorney's today.